Back to Dorothy Sayers

forum for members of the College & Career group

Back to Dorothy Sayers

Postby Marmie » Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:12 pm

First of all, where are you Paul? You and Aaron are my thought-evaluators. I need your sharpening! :-)

I also need to correct an error. In a previous post, I mentioned Dorothy Sayers' book which I called, "Creed Without Chaos". I received an email a couple of days ago from Dr. Laura Simmons, Assistant Professor of Christian Ministries, George Fox Evangelical Seminary in Oregon. She informed me that, in actuality, this is the title of her book. Sayers' book is "Creed or Chaos". Though I don't think Dr. Simmons minded the "plug" we gave her book, I wanted to clarify the mistake. I've ordered her book and will give you a brief review here when I've read it, if you're interested.

Dr. Simmons said this in her email:

"Christian Letters to a Post-Christian World" is the British edition of "The Whimsical Christian"--basically the same stuff. Both are out of print now, but a new collection of essays has just come back into print: "Letters to a Diminished Church"--which is again basically the same group of essays. "Creed or Chaos" (her volume of theological essays, not to be confused with "Creed WITHOUT Chaos," which is my book about her theology) is also readily available, but more limited in scope than some of the other essay volumes.

She also added, "Sayers did not like to be considered a feminist...," which confirms what I said earlier. Some would deny that, but I believe she was comfortable in the role God had put her in and in no way wanted to change or adjust that.

Thoughtfully,
Marmie
Marmie agrees that: ~The Lord will give grace and glory; no good thing will he withhold from those who walk uprightly. ~ Ps. 84:11
Marmie

Return to C&C Group