Using our creativity, esp. the visual arts

forum for members of the College & Career group

Using our creativity, esp. the visual arts

Postby Marmie » Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:02 pm

How about sprucing up the church, as was recommended in the recent business meeting, with some neat arts projects?

I KNOW that some of you are talented in the areas of drawing, canvas painting, photography, etc. What better way to express our belief in a creative God than by using our visually-based talents?

In referring to Dorothy Sayers, a review said of her, "she does see a role for the Church to play in speaking to the world, especially through the medium of its artists. 'If humans are made in the image of God, then being creative is the main characteristic common to God and humanity.'"

Hmmm. What do you think?

Input -- input -- you busy and distracted Baptists. :?

Marmie
P.S. I'm going to post this on the Hwy 1 forum, too.
Marmie agrees that: ~The Lord will give grace and glory; no good thing will he withhold from those who walk uprightly. ~ Ps. 84:11
Marmie

A creative outlet...

Postby Marmie » Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:21 pm

Well, we've begun the church beautification with painting the annex.

What's next?

How about sculptures on the front lawn? (NO???)

A mural on the front doors? (Huh???)

Modern Dali-type splashes of paint on the carpet? (Now we're talking....)

Just kidding.
Marmie agrees that: ~The Lord will give grace and glory; no good thing will he withhold from those who walk uprightly. ~ Ps. 84:11
Marmie

I'll answer that post...

Postby Marmie » Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:30 pm

(Incognito respondent)

Not to be a naysayer, Marmie, but those ideas are a bit, well, out in right field (or is that "left field"?). Maybe something a little more traditional. Something such as...well...you know...yeah -- more "normal". But then how familiar are you really with the concept of normal?

Marmie replies: I see you have just a smidgen of time on your hands tonight, hey Post Answerer? And did you get your sleep last night?

I reply: Why do I feel like that was not a compliment?

Marmie replies: You know, now would be a really good time to remedy that sleep deprivation.

I reply: Yes, you may be right.... (snooze)
Marmie

Postby convoco » Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:45 pm

Hey! I like Dali!

Now now, let's totally get sofas. Sofas in a deep red. Sofas that are for intellectuals. Sofas to rest Aaron's sore hiney. Sofas I say, sofas!
"We have first raised a dust and then complain we cannot see."
George Berkeley
convoco

My vote.

Postby eBeth » Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:23 pm

Murals: no.
Lawn gnomes and flamigos: no.
Painted carpet: no.
Doing a visulal art something for the church: yes.
I don't know what that would be, maybe we can make cards or something to send to people?
eBeth

Postby Marmie » Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:17 pm

You are all so silly.... :?
Marmie

Deep red sofas

Postby Marmie » Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:19 pm

Deep red sofas in an all blue room? Hmmm. Let me try and picture Francis Schaeffer sitting on one of those, tugging at the end of his beard and drinking a cup of frothy mocha.... Another hmmmm.
Marmie

Postby eBeth » Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:00 pm

Yeah, but do you think the card idea is do-able?
eBeth

NO FLAMINGOS????

Postby Marmie » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:50 pm

Well, I don't know. If we can't have pink flamingos on the front lawn, well, maybe I'm going to pout. :cry:

Seriously, cards would be a great idea -- especially hand-crafted "Cards by Beth". Is that what you had in mind? If you use your marvelous talents on the cards, they would be an awesome gift to college visitors. Is that what you're thinking?

(But NO flamingos??? Really??? How about if we paint them green to match the building?)
Marmie

Return to C&C Group