UFO's?

forum for members of the College & Career group

UFO's?

Postby Marmie » Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:26 am

Do UFO's exist?

Will this prevalent belief be somehow used in the end times (all those people "disappeared" because aliens got them!)?

What do you think?
Marmie agrees that: ~The Lord will give grace and glory; no good thing will he withhold from those who walk uprightly. ~ Ps. 84:11
Marmie

Postby Marmie » Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:34 pm

I know this sounds like a bizarre topic, but you would be amazed at the number of people who have some belief in or fear of UFO's. I also know that we can't speak with authority on this topic, but how can we Biblically address it, or at least rationally address it based on Bible truth?

Our son said they discussed this somewhat in youth group on Wednesday night, so thought some of you might have some thoughts, insights.

:mrgreen: < An alien?
Marmie agrees that: ~The Lord will give grace and glory; no good thing will he withhold from those who walk uprightly. ~ Ps. 84:11
Marmie

Postby eBeth » Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:27 pm

I don't really know, do you think it affects our lives whether or not et's are real? I am more curious about ghosts--are they really all demons? Obviously our souls can't come back and live...
any one have anything?
eBeth

Postby convoco » Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:56 pm

When I was working for Walt Disney World, I had several chilling experiences with "ghosts". At the unload belt, we had a massive recycling area for the ride vehicles. (This was all during my short time at the Haunted Mansion.) We called it simply the "dark area" because it was incredibly hard to see back there. Often late at night, I would hear a female voice calling out my name. At first I thought it was this girl named Ruth playing tricks on me. It continued for a month off and on and I started to ignore it, hoping Ruth would go away. Soon, Ruth left the company and a few days later, I heard the voice again. I went back to the break room that night after closing and asked if I was crazy or if others had heard this as well, which about half the people in the break room confirmed their experiences with this voice. Except it called out each other individuals names as well.
We also had a "ghost" we affectionatey referred to as "Little Boy Wonder". Years ago, a child in Florida died. He adored the Haunted Mansion and after his creamation, his mother asked if she could spread his ashes in the ride. After being told no by the company, she snuck them in anyways and dumped them in the ride. (So the urban myth goes.) Ever since, there have been frightening experiences with a small child being seen running through the ride and appearing at the exit. I didn't believe any of this until after my experience with the dark area voice. Soon after, I began hearing a small child singing in the exit area. We had sensor mats placed througout the ride so if someone got out of the vehicle and stepped on one of the mats, the ride would automatically stop. We had a big map of the ride at the loading and unloading platforms with lights on it to show where someone had stepped. There was one of these maps placed right at the exit where I was so that no one who got off the ride would decide it was a good idea to run back into it. A couple times a week, this mat would go off unexplainably. There was no one getting off the ride for a couple minutes at a time and the mat would apprear to be stepped one. One night, I kept hearing a child singing and laughing when there was no one around. Finally, the ride stopped, the machine started it's incessant beeping, letting me know I needed to enter the ride to tell someone to get back in to their vehicle. When I looked at the machine, I realized that the mat right next to me was the one stepped on. I looked over there and there was a silvery-blue mist hanging in the air around the mat with the distinct outline of a child's face. I was scared, needless to say. I didn't know what to do, so I talked to it. (This is all true... I didn't know what else to do at the time... besides wet my pants, of course.) I prayed quietly and told it to stop and I never heard from it again.

After this particular experience, I have come to believe that "ghosts" are likely deceptive demons. I have had experiences too real to deny that something is performing some real activity. I suppose the agenda might be that if demons believe they can distract people with theories about the dead "living on" in some way, or existing imprinted in this world somehow, they can pass up plausibilities of eternal existence in Heaven or Hell. Of course, I don't know. It's only a theory.
"We have first raised a dust and then complain we cannot see."
George Berkeley
convoco

Postby Marmie » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:53 am

This is creepy stuff, Paul. Of course, demons are real and they are ultra-deceptive. I think your theory is correct and can generally be supported (as least as to their existence and deceptiveness) by Scripture. Many weird happenings go on and will go on, especially now at Halloween time, and instead of getting caught up in it or overwhelmed by it, must use the "weapons of our warfare" and stand strong in Christ. We have a perfect opportunity to share truth at this time of year when so many are involved in seeking the supernatural. Let's be lights for Christ to those in darkness; let's love our neighbors and pray for them regularly, and then see God work and the demons defeated!

"If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God. Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth. For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. When Christ who is our life appears, then you also will appear with Him in glory. Therefore put to death your members which are on the earth: fornication, uncleanness, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry. Because of these things the wrath of God is coming upon the sons of disobedience, in which you yourselves once walked when you lived in them...." Col.3:1-7
Marmie

Back to UFO's

Postby Marmie » Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:26 am

My original intent with this thread was to discuss UFO's, not demons and apparitions. For instance, I was hoping that someone would mention that the whole idea of extra terrestrials came about in the 50's, after the 2nd world war and with the advent of nuclear weapons. People were fearful and began imagining the worst case scenarios about the new advances in science and space exploration.

Do you think this "de-sensitivity" about aliens will be used to prepare mankind for the end times? Since so many people are used to the thought of UFO's, will they really care if they exist or not, and will this lack of certainty cause them to be ripe for deception?

This is where I wanted to go. Wanted this to be serious, but also somewhat fun. Definitely not scary.

Also, what are some of your favorite old sci-fi flicks? Mine are the old War of the Worlds (of course), Last Man on Earth, The Day the Earth Stood Still.

Thanks! :lol:
Marmie

Postby convoco » Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:06 pm

ha ha, sorry. I saw it and had to go with it.
"We have first raised a dust and then complain we cannot see."
George Berkeley
convoco

A dear boy....

Postby Marmie » Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:27 pm

Not a problem. It was a very informative post. I think there are probably others who have had similar experiences. But, as per usual, we want to downplay our personal experiences in this area in favor of Truth-edification, if not at least in favor of fun and positivity -- is that a word? (But Mom says, "You are a dear boy, aren't you?")

See ya Sunday.

BTW, just what IS your opinion on how UFO's might fit into end time happenings?
Marmie

Return to C&C Group