What's in a name?

forum for members of the College & Career group

What's in a name?

Postby eBeth » Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:34 pm

A rose by any other name would smell just as sweet.
Question: Does any one think we should have a name? I think we kind of unofficially go by the college group... Should we change it?
eBeth

Name

Postby Marmie » Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:23 pm

A name is always nice. The positive (and it's a biggie) with our current name is that "college class" is very descriptive; no room for confusion there. Whereas, with say, "the Enlighted Ones That Meet Out in the Little Building Outside of the Church on the Northeast Lawn in a Rather Nicely Painted Room with A Now-New Addition to the Room", some people just visiting or not really with it may not connect the dots and figure out that we're referring to the college class. Of course, it may mean nothing. The longer name might be nice for a change.... :shock:

Just a thought.
Marmie agrees that: ~The Lord will give grace and glory; no good thing will he withhold from those who walk uprightly. ~ Ps. 84:11
Marmie

Postby Aaron » Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:15 pm

what's the "now-new addition" to the room?
Aaron

J.Y.W. & S.

Postby Marmie » Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:58 am

...just you wait and see. :o
Marmie agrees that: ~The Lord will give grace and glory; no good thing will he withhold from those who walk uprightly. ~ Ps. 84:11
Marmie

Postby Aaron » Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:49 pm

is it something for our oh-so-delicate-bottoms???? :shock:
Aaron

Postby Marmie » Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:57 pm

I'll only drop one hint. Now sitting in an annex near us: it's beige and white and cheap...that is, comfortable...all over. And it's worth every penny of the $3 I paid for it.... Does that encourage you? :lol:
Marmie

Return to C&C Group