A harder loss

forum for members of the College & Career group

A harder loss

Postby Marmie » Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:11 am

The seeming "death" (disuse) of this forum pales in comparison with the potential loss we learned of this week.

I hate change but then life is full of changes; how do we handle it? Is life all glory and happiness and ease once we begin to follow a certain man from Galilee? Maybe not. But never in my wildest dreams did I realize, me the eternal optimist, that it would still be so full of pain, sorrow, trials, and even overwhelming mental anguish at times.

Whoever said "life is good" may have been awake, but not living in reality. The breath of life given by God IS good, but life also brings us so much that is downright rotten. If I didn't have a deep-seated hope in something bigger than me, bigger than life itself, I would be hopelessly discouraged -- yes, without hope and without God in this world. That's not a place I ever want to be again. Though during times of loss, it seems that I can glimpse just a bit of what that was like, way back when.

My soul groans....
Marmie agrees that: ~The Lord will give grace and glory; no good thing will he withhold from those who walk uprightly. ~ Ps. 84:11
Marmie

Return to C&C Group