Ken & Cléa Rathbun

Updates from and information about our missionaries.

6/25/2015 Prayer Letter

Postby MrMosey » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:48 pm

June Prayerletter

Dear Praying Friends

We just returned to Jamaica 3 days ago, and thank the Lord for a wonderful 6 weeks in the U.S. We traveled the first two weeks, and spend the rest of the time in Michigan with my parents. I spoke in churches nearly every Sunday, and it was wonderful to renew friendships in Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, and Michigan. We had our 11 or 12 appointments, including Lucas’ at the University of Michigan’s Children’s Hospital. The doctor said his kidney was still a bit large (by a very small amount), and that we need not return for another two years. Praise the Lord for this good news. I was buried in the basement office for much of the time in Michigan frantically preparing for classes I will teach in the coming months.

Seeing my parents with our son Lucas was a huge joy. It is very hard to say good-bye; that is the hardest part of being a missionary. Christmas is hard too (I spent 38 consecutive Christmases with my parents—a family record; but now I’ve missed the last 6—also a family record!). But we find ourselves very busy here too, and that’s a good thing. We are about to visit the U.K. for a wedding, and then we’re back here in Jamaica a few weeks before we leave for Peru where I’ll teach for nearly a month. Cléa will get to do some teaching with the ladies there too. Then we’ll be back in Jamaica just in time for the start of the school year here at Fairview Baptist Bible College. Cléa will also be teaching this Fall Semester at the Bible College here on Children’s Ministries. Thanks to all who prayed her through her Master’s degree. She’s finished and now using the degree in ministry.

Serving Christ,

Ken, Cléa, and Lucas Rathbun
Attachments
2015 06 Jun Prayerletter Rathbuns.pdf
(392.71 KiB) Downloaded 269 times
MrMosey
Deacon

7/29/2015 Prayer Letter

Postby MrMosey » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:12 pm

July/August Prayerletter

Dear Praying Friends,

This summer has been one of busiest I can remember. We’ve traveled much already – both safely and with great enjoyment. And we’re not done. This Thursday Cléa, Lucas, and I will leave Jamaica and travel to Urubamba, Peru to teach at a Bible College up in the mountains of Southern Peru for three weeks. I was invited by fellow BMM missionary Ken Loveall last year, and I have been working hard readying ourselves for this opportunity. I’ll teach with a translator; class notes and power point visuals have all been translated into Spanish. Cléa will have some speaking times with the ladies of the Bible College as well. And I will be preaching some 22 times or so, both in mountain villages and city churches. We’re going to be busy!

Pray for us in this regard. It will be winter there, and so we’re preparing ourselves for the cold. Pray for quick adjustments from the travel, no headaches with the altitude, and tremendous impact to the Peruvian students. We will return on 25 August in time for the school year here. Pray too for the Fairview Baptist Bible College here in Jamaica. We are transitioning from a 3 to a 4 year Bible College. There a lots of details and adjustments for this year, and I think I am ready! I’m also teaching an online class this fall and learning a lot about this new learning method. But I am in need of prayer for all these issues.

Praising God for the opportunity to Serve,

Ken, Cléa, and Lucas Rathbun
Jamaica
Attachments
2015 07 Jul Aug Prayerletter Rathbuns w picture.pdf
(168.13 KiB) Downloaded 304 times
MrMosey
Deacon

Previous

Return to Missionaries